There are 43 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 1997.
This generation ranks 14th in reliability out of 54 overall Nissan generations.
This generation has been recalled 17 times. It's also part of 5 investigations and has 156 TSBs.
- engine stalls in the 1993 Altima at 140000 miles
- brakes brakes pads wear through fast in the 1995 Altima at 74781 miles
- engine shakes at idle in the 1997 Altima at 110000 miles
- engine rough idle in the 1996 Altima at 137500 miles
- engine timing chain seal broke in the 1993 Altima at 75000 miles
- engine rough idle with a/c or in gear load in the 1995 Altima at 139000 miles