There are 1530 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2002.
This generation ranks 53rd in reliability out of 54 overall Nissan generations.
This generation has been recalled 33 times. It's also part of 4 investigations and has 343 TSBs.
- exhaust system catalytic converter failure in the 2002 Altima at 102496 miles
- transmission transmission slips and jerks in the 2006 Altima at 117391 miles
- body / paint floor panels rusting out prematurely in the 2006 Altima at 112511 miles
- body / paint floor pan rusted through in the 2005 Altima at 115944 miles
- transmission transmission jerks in the 2005 Altima at 120970 miles
- engine blown head gasket in the 2002 Altima at 102750 miles