There are 1177 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2009.
This generation ranks 51st in reliability out of 54 overall Nissan generations.
This generation has been recalled 22 times. It's also part of 4 investigations and has 308 TSBs.
- accessories - interior steering wheel lock failure in the 2009 Altima at 88643 miles
- accessories - interior dashboard is melting in the 2008 Altima at 73692 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 2007 Altima at 116865 miles
- transmission speed reduced could not increase in the 2012 Altima at 95298 miles
- transmission severe hesitation when acceleration from stop in the 2012 Altima at 88947 miles
- electrical car won't start in the 2010 Altima at 66209 miles