There are 94 owner complaints spread out over 4 years, but the most belong to the 2000.
This generation ranks 27th in reliability out of 54 overall Nissan generations.
This generation has been recalled 17 times. It's also part of 0 investigations and has 288 TSBs.
- engine ticking noise coming from engine in the 2002 Maxima at 96812 miles
- lights stolen headlights in the 2003 Maxima at 100 miles
- engine engine light is on, ignition coil failure in the 2000 Maxima at 75836 miles
- electrical cpu shorted out in the 2001 Maxima at 133050 miles
- engine runs roughly when first started in the 2000 Maxima at 96333 miles
- engine engine failure in the 2000 Maxima at 94000 miles