There are 842 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2004.
This generation ranks 52nd in reliability out of 54 overall Nissan generations.
This generation has been recalled 7 times. It's also part of 5 investigations and has 240 TSBs.
- transmission jerks when shifting in the 2004 Maxima at 107714 miles
- transmission transmission not working correctly in the 2005 Maxima at 96121 miles
- transmission transmission slips and jerks in the 2006 Maxima at 115289 miles
- transmission vehicle jumps when changing gears in the 2005 Maxima at 105405 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 2004 Maxima at 104725 miles
- transmission delay and a hard shift going into drive in the 2006 Maxima at 110867 miles