There are 19 owner complaints spread out over 9 years, but the most belong to the 1995.
This generation ranks 6th in reliability out of 54 overall Nissan generations.
This generation has been recalled 11 times. It's also part of 11 investigations and has 148 TSBs.
- engine bucking and power loss in the 1995 Pathfinder at 161167 miles
- body / paint frame rot in the 1995 Pathfinder at 130016 miles
- engine engine light is on in the 1990 Pathfinder at 116150 miles
- engine rough idle in the 1993 Pathfinder at 119000 miles
- steering loses alignment quickly in the 1995 Pathfinder at 40000 miles
- engine unexpected acceleration (surging) in the 1989 Pathfinder at 200000 miles