There are 75 owner complaints spread out over 9 years, but the most belong to the 2001.
This generation ranks 17th in reliability out of 54 overall Nissan generations.
This generation has been recalled 59 times. It's also part of 506 investigations and has 527 TSBs.
- engine engine failure in the 2002 Pathfinder at 71000 miles
- electrical engine compartment fire in the 1997 Pathfinder at 110000 miles
- engine engine sludge in the 2003 Pathfinder at 88000 miles
- suspension strut mount assy corroded in the 2001 Pathfinder at 132000 miles
- accessories - interior cd changer ate my cds in the 2001 Pathfinder at 59500 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 1997 Pathfinder at 158000 miles