There are 88 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2004.
This generation ranks 28th in reliability out of 54 overall Nissan generations.
This generation has been recalled 22 times. It's also part of 6 investigations and has 221 TSBs.
- transmission radiator crack leaked fluid into transmission in the 2004 Xterra at 99000 miles
- engine blown headgasket in the 2003 Xterra at 99750 miles
- cooling system coolant leaks in the 2004 Xterra at 110750 miles
- cooling system cracked radiator and transmission failure in the 2003 Xterra at 155000 miles
- engine head gasket failure in the 2000 Xterra at 149500 miles
- accessories - interior headliner falling down in the 2004 Xterra at 72000 miles